Sunday 22 February 2009

Escape to the Woods


Date: 21st February 2009
Time: 12.15pm (approximate)
Venue: The Lighthouse

Alone, I went to the Lighthouse. It was my second visit in 2 months. This time, I went all because of an exhibition by an exciting young British Textile Designer, who graduated from Royal College of Art. She is Donna Wilson. Her theme is 'Escape to the Woods'.

The Lighthouse is a place for me to relax, strolling around while enjoying modern arts. I love the place. It also allows me to see rooftop view of Glasgow city centre.

I like the work of Donna Wilson, which her exhibition will ends in 1st of March. I quickly pick a Saturday for free entrance to the Lighthouse. She created a lot of creature with different character that is interesting. One of my favourite is:
Rill
Very lively, never stops running around, likes caterpillars and worms.

There are others like:

What do you think? They are cool and cute right? I love them. These designer stuff are utterly expensive. One doll cost more than 30quid! Her exhibition is worth a visit.


Since I had spare my Saturday lunch to go to the Lighthouse, will not just go to one exhibition, but also go to one of my favourite permanent gallery with the work of Charles Rennie Mackintosh.

His famous 'chair'

Here are some other captions, enjoy!



2 comments:

ADELINE HO said...

ANNA I WISH I AM THERE TO VISIT ALL EXHIBITIONS TOO!!!! xxx

Unknown said...

Yea!!
Quickly come here and I'll show you around~