Tuesday 20 October 2009

Malaysian Food in Glasgow (2nd Edition): Rumours Kopitiam

Being far from home always makes you feel like eating something that reminds you of it. I'm from a city named Kuching, an urban city on the Island of Borneo, which has lots of affordable and yummy food for you to taste, day to night, all day long!

There's a few authentic Sarawak food that I missed. Sarawak Laksa, Belacan Beehoon, Sotong Kangkong, and Kolo Mee, to name a few.

Here in Glasgow, there's a Malaysian Restaurant- Rumours Kopitiam. It's a place where I can eat food (not all) from home. Some of the authentic one is Nasi Lemak, Mee Goreng (Fried Noodles), Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice), and Curry, to name a few.


This is kind of like our starter. Quite heavy though. Good.


Fried Chicken Wings. Behind: Red-Ice Blended Watermelon Pearl; Yellow: Mango Sago




Me with my Singapore Laksa Noodles and a glass of Mango Sago. Singapore Laksa is different from what I get from home, the Sarawak Laksa. Singapore Laksa, I would say, more of the curry taste where as Sarawak Laksa has more coconut milk and sambal. I personally prefer Sarawak Laksa, though the Singapore Laksa served at Rumours Kopitiam taste pretty much authentic and good.

Tips: If you like spicy food and would not want to have rice, you can order this Singapore Laksa which is worth a try. It's served with mussels, fish cake, prawns, bean sprouts, as well as some meat.

Rumours Kopitiam.

There quite a lot of their menu I've tried. I will try more in future. And, just a quick review, I went there 2 years ago, click here to see!


2 comments:

S said...

AHHHH.. i wanna eat again!

Unknown said...

You are more than welcome to come again!